View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #19
landrovered

Garage
ok so here is the scoop on the Wevo motor mount.

Install: very easy, the poly slides right into the housing and the two side pieces slip right in, you get everything lined up and then tighten the bolts that connect the two inner pieces.

The old mount: it was shot, it was in two pieces and the center fell out after I took the bracket out.

The results: if you want a road car then this mount is not for you. There is a considerable amount of vibration and noise translated through the back of your seat. It is smooth but very noticable. The stiffness of the mount has improved the solid feel of the car and the shifting is more precise than before. The power goes straight to the drivetrain and to the wheels with nothing being lost in the process. The mount changed the character of the car. It feels like a Ferrari or a lamborghini now, there is a caged wild animal and it is right behind you staring at the back of your neck. No need to change the exhaust to get more volume or a deeper sound because when you pull through the revs you can hear and feel the raw power coarsing through the car and you veins. It sounds really good, really good.

Many people will not like this upgrade because it turns your polite boxster into a beast. A bloodthirsty hungry beast that is right behind you.

Me, I absolutely love it, I bought this car because of the big motor and now you cannot ride in it without knowing that this is a very powerful car.