View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Christian H

Garage
My hot rod roots

I recently came across a short video clip of me on "You Tube" from 1988, that was a time when myself and my younger brother (we were 22 and 18 years old at the time) were into all things 1950's American style, the clothes the music and most of all the cars.
Unfortunately living in a small town in the north of England we were very much in the minorty, as you can imagine
What we lacked in money we made up for in enthusiasm and long hours in the garage, "real" American tin was both expensive and hard to find especialy before the internet.
Car-wise we used what ever we could find and that was cheap too!
We built a 1936 Ford model Y with a heavy roof chop,couped and sectioned body it ran on MGB wire wheels and had a 215 cubic inch Buick based Rover V8.
For my brother we took a 1962 Morris Minor, chopped and couped it and fitted MG midget engine,gearbox and rear axle and moon discs, we painted the Morris with flames and the Ford had scallops.
When I saw the footage it brought back so many great memories and made me think that most of you guys must have oil running through your veins and I think it would be great to see what other people have built or owned in their past.
If you do watch the video me and my brother show up at about 30 seconds in, if you look carefully you can just about see my "rock and roll" quiff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp3Pv04O_6U

Last edited by Christian H; 05-02-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Christian H is offline   Reply With Quote