View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 06:20 AM   #5
eightsandaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered
There are consistant vibrations which follow the revs of the engine and then there are abberant vibrations that result from metal on metal contact from torquing of the engine as the result of a failing stock motor mount. I am concerned with the latter.

As for heavier in the hand, this is the result of the density of the plastic inserts in the mount, in this case I see it as a good thing, the poly is responsible for overall reduction of harshness, obviously it will be more harsh than stock, that is ok for me. I want as much power as possible getting to the ground, not being lost in twisting the motor in its mounts.

With 325 HP, I don't want to go through this several times to end up at the same point, why not solve the issue once and for all.

In my V8 trail truck I went to solid motor mounts after having to do a trail repair on three out of four mounts. It did increase the harshness only slightly. It is a trade off I am willing to deal with given the peace of mind of not having far worse consequences of an engine displacing itself just when you need it to be where it was designed to be.

I didn't calculate the extra hp into the equation, I agree with you. I hope my repair later in the week of the a/o separator ends the noise it has.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote