View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
Nineteen89

2000 Porsche Boxster vs. 2001 BMW 330Ci

So I'm a college student and have been saving up my money to buy a new (to me) car... being that I've been a member on here and on e46fanatics I'm well aware of most of the major faults of each car respectively...

I haven't been here in a long time but I'm here to ask what car do you think would be best for a 21 year old college student without a career, but a steady job? Are the IMS and RMS issues still around? Mechanically the BMW is a lot more bullet-proof engine wise than the 986 but it still has a horrible coolant system and I run the risk of having the sub-frame break out from under me (fortunately there's a class-action lawsuit in which BMW will fix it free of charge if it happens to you) but I may not have the car before September when the deadline expires so I'm kind of iffy about it... I'd love to have a 986 but I don't have $12,000 for a new engine if the IMS goes to hell, is it basically still a gamble?

The reason I left the site was because I knew I couldn't risk the gamble, should I stay away? And I know those Raby engines aren't cheap either...What about an S?

Last edited by Nineteen89; 04-05-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Nineteen89 is offline   Reply With Quote