View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
tolum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompous
When I put my key in, it just spins. The car locks and unlocks just fine w/the key FOB. So, I'm thinking i'm going to take the door apart pretty soon.
Question: When you use your key, do you have any resistence(key go back to vertical position) when turning like when the the lock was running ok or when you turn the key, it turns freely with no resistence like your house key in your front door? I'm asking that because on my 2003 Base, I had the same problem but I had resistence on the key. So I remove the inside of the driver door and look to the doorlock mechanism. I finally found that there is an extended steel rod that looks like a flat screwdriver between the key end and the doorlock electric mechanism and on my side, the flat end of that rod was out of the the doorlock mechanism. So I had to remove the door handle and reinstall it by taking care that the flat end rod stays in the mechanism when bolting back the door handle on the door.

Thierry
Upgrades so far: 4 Stalks installed,OBC, Cruise Control, Variable wipers, Rear speakers, Alpine CDEHD149BT deck, Alpine MRP-F250 4 ch. amplifier, Blaupunkt THb 200A pre-amplified subwoofer, XM radio integration, 997 shifter, front motor mount, LN Engineering IMS upgrade and much more.
tolum is offline   Reply With Quote