View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #11
sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitowndad
Tolum,
Here's a repost of the Amp wiring. Keep in mind this is for my 2001 S, so it may be different on your car!

When you unplug the stock amp there are 2 connectors. The big fat one is the one to the speakers that you'll end up cutting. The smaller one with thin wires is the one that feeds the sound into the amp. Here's the wiring colors for the thicker wires on the fat black connector

Striped wires are negative.

Right dash speaker
Red = positive
Red and brown = negative

Left dash speaker
Yellow = positive
Yellow and brown = negative

Sub door speaker (I think this is the right side but might have this reversed)
Brown = positive
Brown and Green = Negative

Left door sub (again might have this reversed with the right)
Purple = positive
Purple / brown = negative

solid brown is the ground (don't need this but could use this if you wanted to ground the new amp)
Blue is the switch wire

I'm assuming that you don't have the optical audio system.
Hi yep it may be me being stupid , but im a little nervous about the wiring now after seeing so many

In behind my dash (radio related wires) i have the 8 speaker wires to one side and the antenna socket , im left with a single white wire and a bluey coloured wire then there are 2 black coastings covering a/ the wires that goto the blue plug and then like a twing cable with a red and a yellow wire and a brown wire.

I have full function on the dvd but no sound from the speakers , when i try to connect these nothing happens so i am assuming that this is due to the amp (?????) , but i am unsure where to conect these on the inside end of the wires (not under the front boot) my Boxster has only 4 speakers 2 dash , 2 door.

thnx in advance , if it would help i can tomorrow take a photo of what i mean
sheep is offline   Reply With Quote