Thread: Z06 vs 3.6 986
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
landrovered

Garage
Conversion was performed by Autometrics in Charleston SC, they do racecars all day and as I told Gordon the owner, if I ever get to run away with the circus I want to run away with his circus. Cup cars as far as the eye can see.

The conversion was done by the PO, the bill came to over $21K for the job. I bought the car very well at $17k, (it is public info the details are in the for sale section of the site).

It has an AASCO single mass flywheel, headers, big intake and a modified exhaust. 325 hp at the rear wheels. Six speed, solid clutch running 3.6L X51 curves on a tweaked DME. The suspension is stock and is on my list of to do's, I will be doing coilovers and swaybars.

The stock suspension is really good on the roads in my area, they are not the smoothest so a bit softer ride is a plus.

As for gas mileage, right now I have no idea, I just put gas it, I don't really take it anywhere where that matters like on a trip or to work, I just put in $20 at a time and enjoy the afternoons.

The car is a sleeper, that is the joy of it, Mr. Z06 didn't know why his supercar could not shake the cute little yellow convertible. I could see him looking in the rear view mirror. Priceless!