View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 11:57 AM   #10
eslai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqtran
Strosec has been a name in the Porsche cummunity for many years. Its like buying a Ruf wing that doesn't work. How would you know until after you buy it?
Why should I have to know AFTER I buy it? Why can't I know BEFORE? Where's the tests, the engineering documentation?

Notice how the porsche spoiler is shaped. It isn't using the surface as an airfoil--the "spoiler" part of the spoiler is the flat part that appears when you raise the spoiler, it is not the painted part that you see when the spoiler is down.

Replacing it with a "mini wing" is futile. That thing has very little surface area or fluid deflection. As well, do you think that Strosec took the time to put the car in a wind tunnel and test it properly?

I could imagine it having some sort of effect when it is lowered, but when raised it would do nearly nothing, other than create turbulent airflow behind the car.

Point is, it is for looks only. It is not a performance upgrade. It could actually be detrimental to performance but has it ever been tested? No.

Just because it has a big name-brand associated with it does not mean that it's "good" anyhow. As far as the aftermarket is concerned, trust no one. Only trust results.
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote