View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
eightsandaces

My two cents, I would not buy a Porsche with 90K on it unless I was in love with it or it was of future collectible potential or it was a bargain; none apply here. Like me you don't know who owned the car, whether they could drive stick correctly and otherwise. For an expensive car they have dainty assed synchros and wrecking them can be done pretty easily if the PO was a maniac. Others may disagree with me here but I would almost expect either one to be due for a clutch job.

My advise would be, negotiate for a complete clutch job, either money off from the private sale or done by the shop with the warranty. While they are in there, I'd have them drop the new updated IMS in. If you are mechanically inclined, have the proper tools and space, you can effect many of the other more simple repairs yourself, saving thousands over the time you own it.

However, if you don't like to wrench, either one of these could get expensive very quickly. Another good plan is to have an inspection done by a mechanic familiar with Boxsters as a pre evaluation, best of luck.

Last edited by eightsandaces; 03-24-2010 at 10:53 AM.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote