Thread: totaled
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #17
husker boxster

Did you get anything that would ID the suv - a partial plate # or a witness or anything? Accidents happen quickly and you need to keep your wits. If they totaled your car, it may not be possible to chase them down, but anything to help ID them would be useful. It's important to flag any witnesses down so they can validate your story or maybe they saw something you didn't.

I was visiting San Francisco several yrs ago. Was driving from the airport and about to turn in to my hotel. A pickup was about 4 car lengths ahead of me and he side swiped a parked car. I couldn't believe it when he didn't stop. It took me about 10 blks to catch up to him to get his plate # and then I didn't have anything to write it down on. I kept repeating it until I got back to my hotel. Went in and immediately asked for a pen and paper. Went back to the scene and the cops were there along with the owner. Gave them the info and a description of the pickup. Heard back from the guy's ins co about 4 mo later. He said the plate # I gave them was for a green pickup, not white like I described. Not sure how it turned out, but I tried to do my part. I'd want others to do the same for me.

I've had State Farm since I started driving 35 yrs ago. Like a good neighbor, they've always been there for me.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote