View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
Spinnaker

what would you guys do?

Hindsight is 20/20, and foresight is a crystal ball filled with uncertainty.
If your MAF is still the original, I would think that it maybe due for a replacement, since your car is a 2000 like mine is. From what I have seen on the forum from others, the MAF seems to be a common issue. I don't have any info about whether a diagnostic can determine if the MAF is truly bad or if it is potentially bad.
I just kept resetting the CEL to see what happened, and got the same error code after looking for other causes. The OBDII reader I bought has paid for itself. According to the Bently manual, the P0102 indicates a "lean mixture threshold", which is what I felt during acceleration. Do you experience any of these symptoms? Repairing cars is sometimes a process of elimination. You eliminate everything else that can be the problem until there is only one thing left. Sometimes, you get clues from the experience of others that had the same problem, or use the experience of those that work on them for a living.
I know that financial issues can sway decisions, if I were still employed I would do lots of things differently. Sometimes you just have to roll the dice and live with the results. Do I spend $50, $250, or $300? We can't roll the dice for you. On my car, I rolled the dice and won. Its your turn.....
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote