View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
23109VC

I called my indie mechanic and he said they can hook up my car to their diagnostic computer. they'd charge me $50 for the diagnostic. He said if the MAF is actually BAD and needs to be replaced, this check would confirm that.

I just wanted to see if you guys concur with what he said. is it possible that you can hook up the car to the computer, and it will be able to read the MAF's data or what the MAF is reporting - and basically tell me if the MAF is the problem or not?

does the diagnostic system have the ability to be that specific or will it just give them some data and i'll get told "maybe" it's the MAF or "we think" it's the MAF..and I"m just back to where I am now and I wasted $50 to get told what I already know. at this point, from what i've read, it sounds like it's "probbly" my MAF gone bad..but who knows.

I can either spend teh $250ish now and just change it myself and see if that fixes it, or "invest" $50 to see..

what would you guys do?
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote