View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #5
Sideways Steve

Multiple cylinder misfire on all cylinders apart from 3 and 6.

Had it all apart today and replaced the dual mass flywheel as that looked to be knackered, It was so knackered that it was actually wobbling that much it had managed to hit the bell housing on the gearbox and score it round its outer edge !!!!

Pics to follow when I get them off the camera. Luckily the box is not damaged and its only cosmetic which can only be seen with it removed from the car.

It was indeed the RMS causing my oil leak but it was only leaking at the point where the vibration happens.

I got hold of a brand new DMF and fitted my new RMS, got her all back together and guess what ..... still vibrations, still get the CEL light coming on past 5500 rpm then it stays solid until I plug in my OBD tool and pull the codes then reset them.

Again the codes are for multiple misfires on 1, 5, 2, 4 ....

And again when it vibrates the RMS starts leaking oil !

Im losing the plot with this car already as I cannot see why it would be doing this, it feels like something is imbalanced, Im begining to wonder if the damaged flywheel has cause my crankshaft to bend ? Surely not ?

Has anyone ever suffered a bent or warped crank on an M96 ??

Could a misfire cause this sort of vibration issue meaning it is just a case of replacing 4 coilpacks ?

I think its safe to say I now know why it was a good £3k below book price despite having full porsche and indy service history !

Any thoughts are welcome,

Tomorrow im going to pull the starter out and clock the flywheel while turning the engine by hand to see if its running true or if its warped in some way. Hopefully this will show if its an issue with the crank or not. Im hoping its not though
Sideways Steve is offline   Reply With Quote