View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
dallison

unhappy with a repair shop

A couple weeks ago i took in my 2 rear rims/tires/center caps to have them refinished. I was told it may be around 155 for each wheel, but would have to be sent out to get a better idea. Ok no problem. I get teh call and they said it would be about $300 each wheel. They are a 2 pc classic bbs wheel.

So i decide not to have them refinished since it was not worth that much at this time to have them done.

I ask over the phone if the total bill is going to be around $50 for mounting and balancing and the guy wasn't sure.

Sure enough when i went in the bill was exactly $50 plus tax, weird.
So as they are loading them into the back of my car, i notice the center caps are peeling.

I question this and they said that these were the ones they took off the rims when i came in. the one center cap that i took in had a scratch on it from me using a paper clip to remove it. No peeling clear coat, nothing else.

I said i will check the other 2 when i get home, nothing.

So i call back and explain that i can gaurantee that these are not mine. He asks if i am acusing him of stealing and i say no.

So in the end he sticks by his story and even tells me to cancel my check for $53 and i say no since he provided services to me and that it would be fair to pay him, but i wasn't happy about the centercaps.

He called later andd left a message about he has pics of the rims and the centercaps, but i never returned the call and i will cut my losses at that. And i won't ever go back.

He has a ton of high end clients that are usually referred to him and he claims that no one would ever exchange them or anything like that..

that is all.
dallison is offline   Reply With Quote