View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 04:41 AM   #6
jcb986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tinker
Apart from the belt slipping (which it shouldn't as the tensioner should be - er - tensioning), the rollers usually get noisy when worn, only shreaking when siezed. The next thing to look at is the starter. Lots of people report that the starter gives a short, loud and horrific shreak for about a second as the bendix engages. The fix is to remove the starter and clean off the crud.
That's assuming the neighbours cat isn't missing......
It is not the starter for sure, since it makes this noise after the engine starts. Sometimes it will squeel after running for a while. I know it's a tensioner or a idler, but which one is the question. I am going to run it for a while a see if it gets constant which will make it easier to pin point.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote