View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
RandallNeighbour

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago.

Use your remote again and get your ear near the door lock assembly on each side of the car. If you hear one of the sides going braaaaap as if it's trying to lock but cannot it's the electronic door lock assembly gone bad.

If it's the driver's side, you can manually lock the door by putting in the key and turning it to the right or left (can't remember) three times and it will override the electronics and you can lock your car. However if the braaap sound comes from the passenger side, you are screwed. The car cannot be locked.

If you have a 97, the part is going to be very expensive because that MY had no airbags in the doors and the part is model year specific. If it's a 98-04, you're in luck, you can probably get an assembly off a wrecked car and if I'm not mistaken, they're all the same across the model years.

Now if your door lock assemblies are not making a braaaap or clicking sound, you need to have the car hooked up to a PST tool and it will indicate what's throwing the error code and you can pinpoint the problem.

It could be as simple as an ignition switch.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote