View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
willd

Update on the idling speed problem. I bought a new MAF sensor, switched it for the old one...

(which, incidentally, was so clean it looked new, I almost didn't swap it out, thinking I would send the one I bought back for a refund).

...anyhow I thought what the hell, I'll put it in anyway. So I get the old one out - the hex security bolts were fairly rusty, I had to use pliers to get them out and then could only use one of the originals when fitting the new unit, and had to carefully choose a perfectly sized screw to put the new one in.

Started it up (after dropping my socket set on the floor and seeing all my sockets disappear under various shelves and into boxes ) and....

It idles much better now! I think it drives better too, but that might be psycho-sematic (don't check my spelling) as my other cars are slow beasts.

Now I just have to fix;
1) the roof (which I suspect is the centre windscreen latch/switch assembley).
2) work out why I can't lock my car, it unlocks it again for me and beeps twice (???)
3) Check whether the white smoke on startup is the AOS, or something worse.

I don't think I'm going to be ready for the European Road trip we have planned for June at this rate, might have to take the MR2 again.......
willd is offline   Reply With Quote