View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Quickurt

non-glossy tire treatment?

In looking at the great shots of eightsandaces Dad's Fiat 124 (A Love Affair thread), it dawned on me I have yet to find a tire treatment that is nice and black, but DULL!! Rubber tires are not glossy, they are flat black, but clean and BLACK when new.
With the black Box and the Anthracite wheels, I need to make sure my tires stay black, not gray.
I saw something a while back that was a product by, who I believe is, a rap star doing car polishes, waxes, cleaning stuff, etc., and he had a non-glossy tire treatment.
Any one have the answer???????
I found that after a really good cleaning, Aerospace 303 works very well to keep the vinyl inner wheel well liners looking new and VERY black. Again, with my car and wheels, it was necessary and one of those details that keep your cars looking new and hard for non-experts to tell it's not a VERY late model car. Same for the little vinyl mud flaps and spoiler flaps under the front bumper cover.

Last edited by Quickurt; 03-12-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Quickurt is offline   Reply With Quote