View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 06:58 AM   #10
vipola

Quote:
Originally Posted by willd
I've bought a few things from 'unknown' sites like the one you mention, around the $10 mark (£6.50) and they've been a little on the cheap side but they've all worked. Cable testers, electric motors...other stuff I can't rememebr.... Anyhow, if you can wait the 20 days for delivery, and can use a credit card with a low limit so if they do rip your details it isn't THAT bad....might be worth a try? I have one of my credit cards with a limit of £500, purely for using on sites I don't know very well.
First.. why bother about your credit card limit? they will cover your ass something happen anyway, it won't cost you nothing.. so why caring about all those safty ??

Also, the way you talk is like the worst that could happen is that it dosn't work.. but what happen if it actually DAMAGE your car computer? :P I would'nt plug untrusted device in my Pcar :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA
That was apparently one of the objectives for the transition from PST II, a stand alone system that could be cloned or used after being stolen. With a network based system, they know who is using it, there is no need to issue updates, every time a car links up to it the "mother" system can see if things like the DME software have been altered and kill your warranty literally “at the source” so you can't seek relief at a more friendly dealer (every time the system connected to your car, it would say “no warranty”), and they can cut you off from using the network if they don't like you. Solves a lot of problems from their view point..............
Interesting
vipola is offline   Reply With Quote