View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #20
greg9ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblood
OK, I'll admit it...I'm completely ignorant about Corvettes. The world of Top Gear has corrupted my mind and I see them as American plastic.

HOWEVER, I'm willing to let that go and open my mind. I've come around to thinking about what car I want next, my Boxster will stay another couple of years (hopefully ) and then it's time for something new. Two cars I've wanted to really see are the Lotus Elise and the Corvette, say 2000-2005 yearish. Since I've seen amazing handling already, I think it's time for some amazing grunt.

Is anyone here a Corvette owner or has been in the past? How was your experience? Pros/cons? Same goes for Elises.

My 02 C5 was perfectly reliable. I owned it for two years and never did anything but oil changes. My first DE event at VIR was in the C5 and it was a blast.

It was much faster than my Boxster S and the low end torque was simply wonderful. I really liked that car, but I love my Boxster S. You get so much more feedback from the Boxster. All and all, the Vette and the Boxster are both wonderful machines; however, they are completely different experiences.

I would not rule out owning another Vette. It was a very positive experience.
greg9ball is offline   Reply With Quote