View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #18
Sain0rs

I tried the updated version from Sunday as well and was still getting the same errors I had with the other previous versions ("could not log into the instrument cluster"). I informed Durametric and they said they would get back to me.

Only thing I noticed was after using the tool it seems like the honk that normally comes from double-pressing lock on the key remote happens even after a single press of the remote. Dunno if this is related or just my imagination but it stops after a few days of locking/unlocking the car. I haven't noticed any other problems regarding my cluster, all of the needles, displays, and gongs seem to be functioning as normal.

Regarding taking it to a dealer, I called around and all of my local official Porsche dealerships either didn't respond or said that it was not possible to enable the OBC if the car wasn't built with everything from the factory, regardless of retrofitting the hardware. A few aftermarket shops that had access to a PST2 wanted at least $90 for the 2 minutes it would take to turn on the OBC (and cruise since I retrofitted the extra stalk and wiring for that, too) I was hoping the Durametric 6.x would solve my problems since I already had the cable but nothing yet so far. I'm not dying without it so I can wait for Durametric to get their stuff up to date.

Side note - from my experiences with them, they've been very responsive and earnest about solving these problems for the benefits of their customers.
Sain0rs is offline   Reply With Quote