View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #16
gsrhoden

Just an update on my dealings with Durametric and activating my 2004 986 OBC.

Sunday night they updated their Ver. 6 software to supposedly take care of the issue and allow activation on the 2004 Instrument Cluster.

Last night I updated my software and gave it a try. Unfortunately, I am not sure if it was successful or not. The software indicated that the activation was successful but I did get an error message after that message. The Instrument Cluster gong chimed 3 times and the trip odometer reset to zero. But, that is as far as I have been able to get. I tried changing the display using the wires I had already tapped in to the connector but with all the versions of cluster and wiring diagrams, it seems to be pot luck if it is correct. Anyway, nothing changed. The only thing that would happen was that when the key is first turned on, the oil level indicator come up and if I grounded any of the wires running to the Instrument Cluster, the trip odometer would immediately be displayed.

Either I am doing something wrong or Durametrics may not have all the bugs worked out. If someone else could try the program and see if they have any better luck. I am hoping my wiring is correct but even that is not certain.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears and would appreciate the help,

Thanks,
gsrhoden is offline   Reply With Quote