View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by willd
I was pulling out of a junction this morning, and both windows went down about 3-4 inches, on their own, without me touching the controls.

As I have an issue with the roof not working (electrically), I'm now guessing that this is linked.

Previously, I had the void to the right of the battery fill up with water due to a blocked drain hole a while back, and water got into *lots* of places.

I'm wondering if there is a control unit for the windows somewhere - may well need drying out or replacing.....or is it all done via the ECU?

Where actually is the ECU anyway, haven't managed to find it yet
The ECU is mounted on the left side of the firewall in the rear trunk.

What probably got affected if you got water everywhere is the central alarm control unit. In U.S. cars it's under the driver's seat (left side). Not sure whether in your car it would be under the right side seat (probably not).

The central alarm control unit does control some of the functions of the windows. It can be saved if you catch it early enough and dry it out.

The other possibility for your windows dropping those 4 inches, if your central alarm unit is okay, would be one of the two microswitches that are located inside the convertible top latch receptacle.

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote