View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
fusionist

Talking

I own a mint 2003 986 S and have driven the 987 recently for a few days when my dealer gave me a loaner. They want me to upgrade so bad they found me a loaner in the same color.

I have the same issues with the interior as Perfectlap. I don't like all the straight lines and painted plastic horizontal strips. Personally I think the 986 interior will full leather is a better design. I found the instrument cluster to be more confusing, especially when the radio kept putting song titles up in the middle of the tach?!

I also found the engine note to be less of a growl like a tiger, and more of an electronic note. In general it felt less mechanical and more electronic and complicated. To be fair it did have paddle shifters and I am a fan of simple cars. I also do not like the side vents.

There were things I did like better. I think the swept back changes to the sheet metal are nice. I like the new headlights too. I guess it's faster?.. but it didn't feel faster. It just felt easier. To me the 986 is the design that caused a sensation, and the best iteration is the 03-04 S.

The dealer was salivating when I brought it back... they thought I was crazy not to want the new one.
fusionist is offline   Reply With Quote