View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
Quickurt

Specialty Supplies and Tools

There have been several threads, over the last few days, regarding broken studs, how to and tools to repair them, threaded inserts and heli-coils, etc., etc. etc.

McMaster-Carr is a supply company basically for industry, but their latest catalogue is......3856 pages!! They have about anything imaginable for specialty drill bits, grinding blades and tools, and on and on and on.

I have dealt with the Atlanta, GA warehouse for over 20 years and they have NEVER back-ordered ANYTHING! As long as I call by 5:30 PM, I get the stuff the next day, for standard shipping. Maybe five times I have had to wait one day because what I needed came out of Chicago. I kid you not - I average at least two shipments a week from them.

One of the main things is, I have no idea how many times I have figured out WHAT to do by perusing their catalogue and seeing something that I can use to solve my problem.

I am not kidding when I say, "I could not survive (in my business) without McMaster-Carr!"

http://www.mcmaster.com/#