View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 02:31 AM   #17
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
No one can answer your question for sure because who knows if your MAF is just dirty, and needs its wire/film cleaned, or if has totally malfunctioned. You should just go in there and clean it first, since it only takes a few minutes to do the procedure (I attached a link below that shows the procedure at the bottom of the page of the link). And then, if that ends up not working, and the CEL returns, then go out and buy a new MAF. I've cleaned my MAF once, and it is super easy to do.

If your MAF is just a little dirty, a good cleaning may postpone you needing to buy one for a few thousand or more miles, which depending on how often you drive the car, could be years. I've read of people going 20k miles between cleaning without getting a CEL again. If your MAF is shot, then cleaning won't help, but you've got nothing to lose but a few bucks for the MAF cleaner and 20 minutes of your time from start to finish by just trying the cleaning method first.

MAF cleaning:
http://sites.google.com/site/mikefocke2/checkenginelightcausedbymassairflowsensor

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote