View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #8
Lil bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodJohnny
OK, so I bought the Durametric scanner and am pleased with it. In the included software version 5.x there was nothing about the On Board Computer. I downloaded the beta version 6.x and it allows enable/disable to the On Board Computer amongst a ton of other features but it is a beta version. My Boxster is a 1998 and did not come equipped with OBC active and control stalk. I have been instructed by tech at Durametric that scanner transmits the same command to activate as dealer tool. Just wondering if somebody else has activated at least their external temp display with this scanner. Wanted someone to tell me there's water down there before I dive in this pool, Thanks!
No such thing as just activating the ambient temp display. The OBC is either ON or OFF. The ambient temp display is the only dfeature you can use without the stalk or the switch And, you can only have the ambient temp displayed if you have the temp sensor installed in the P-side front grill - a little black dart-like looking thing with wires coming from it.

Cheers!
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote