View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #15
ARModen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC
yes, it is the cheapy litle $40ish reader made by actron..I got it at Pepboys a few years back...

so basically all I know is this:

P0102

I cleared the code, it came right back. the car seems to run fine.

the only thing that was somewhat abnormal/different about the day the CEL came on first was that I hit my rev limiter... I wasn't paying attention, and revved it up and BAM...hit the limiter. felt like it misfired or somethign... later on that same drive the CEL came on. at first I thought hitting the limiter did it...but the code is supposedly MAF related....
That was not technically a misfire. The engine cuts the spark at high rev to prevent damage to the engine. With one of the durametrics or the shop readers you can see how many sparks it actually interrupted. There's nothing particularly wrong with doing that, it's working as designed. The additional air flow through the engine of driving hard contributed to clogging the MAF sensor but it was probably due soon anyway. Mike's right that it could be several things, but by and far the most likely is that the MAF has just accumulated some dirt.
ARModen is offline   Reply With Quote