View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #4
ppbon

Here's the Official List...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petermcd
I am due for mine. Anything I should know? Anything special I should ask to be checked. Should I get the dealer to send me the list of what they do and have my local Porsche mechanic do it? Thanks for the help. Oh, mine is a 2003 base boxter.
For Model Year 2003:
Major Maintenance every 30,000 miles (30K, 60K, 90K, 120K...)

• Diagnosis system: Read out fault memory
• Polyrib belt: Check condition
• Change the engine oil and oil filter
• Replace the spark plugs
• Vehicle underside and engine compartment: Visual inspection for leaks (oils and fluids) and abrasion (lines and hoses)
• Underbody panels: visual inspection for completeness, installation and damage
• Coolant hoses: Check condition;
• Radiators and air inlets at front: Visual inspection for external contamination and blockage;
• Coolant: Check the level and antifreeze protection
• Air cleaner: Replace the filter element
• Particle filter: Replace the filter element
• Fuel system: Visual inspection for damage, routing and secure fit of line connections
• Power steering: Check the fluid level and bellows
• Parking brake: Checking the free play of the parking brake lever
• Brake system: Visual inspection of the brake pads and brake discs for wear
• Brake hoses and lines: Visual inspection for damage, routing and corrosion. Checking the brake fluid level
• Clutch: Check the play and pedal end position
• Steering gear: Visually inspect the bellows for damage
• Tie rod joints: Check the play and dust bellows
• Axle joints: Check play, visual inspection of dust bellows for damage, check screw connections of running gear adjustment facility, front and rear, for secure fit
• Drive shafts: Perform a visual inspection of the boots for leaks and damage
• Exhaust system: Visual inspection for leaks and damage, check suspension
• Tires and spare wheel (collapsible wheel): Check the condition and the tire pressure
• Check the door locks, lid locks and safety hooks of the front lid to ensure that they are secure and functioning properly:
• Check lid lock, front and rear; Check safety hook, front lid; Function test, check door lock; Check door and lid tightening torques
• Seat belts: Check function and condition
• Vehicle lighting: Check function; All headlights: Check adjustment; Horn: Check operation.
• Windscreen wiper/washer system, headlight washer: Check fluid level and nozzle settings, pay attention to antifreeze protection in the winter months.
• Electrical equipment as well as warning and indicator lights: Check operation.

Test drive:
Remote control, front seats, foot and parking brakes (also actuation travel), engine, clutch, steering, transmission, ParkAssist, automatic speed control, TC/PSM switch, heating, air-conditioning system and instruments: Check operation.
Oils, fluids: Visual inspection for leaks

Important Notes:
The term "checking" includes all necessary subsequent work such as adjusting, readjusting, correcting and topping up, but does not include repairing, replacing and reconditioning parts or assemblies.
· The maintenance item Replace the spark plugs depends on the model year. Please see Additional Maintenance
· The test item Checking inner unlocking of luggage compartment (Trunk Entrapment) has been added to the countries specification CO2 (for USA) and C36 (for Canada) from model year 2003.
· The maintenance item Throttle actuation: Check smooth operation, check full throttle position with the Tester is omitted as of model year 2002.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro