View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #12
23109VC

yes, it is the cheapy litle $40ish reader made by actron..I got it at Pepboys a few years back...

so basically all I know is this:

P0102

I cleared the code, it came right back. the car seems to run fine.

the only thing that was somewhat abnormal/different about the day the CEL came on first was that I hit my rev limiter... I wasn't paying attention, and revved it up and BAM...hit the limiter. felt like it misfired or somethign... later on that same drive the CEL came on. at first I thought hitting the limiter did it...but the code is supposedly MAF related....

my car seems to drive fine. nothign out of the ordinary at all.

if this is the MAF, then maybe I shoudl just bite the bullet and change it out. ?? I have the cleaner...so I could clean it, but if I"m just delaying the inevitable...

or is this code really potentially all sorts of other things? can the dealer poinpoint WHAT is really wrong with their equipment?

my car is going in to the dealer tomorrow to get a road force balance job on all four wheels AND to get an oil change. (i get free oil changes at the dealer)

so while it is there - I could ask them to look at it. although if it IS the MAF, no way I'm paying them full price to replace it when I see how much cheaper they can be had via the internet and how easy it is to change it. but I could get an expert diagnosis...if in fact they can figure out exactly what it is w/their equipment... as I'ms ure they have more exact diagnostic tools than my stupid little $40 code reader...

thanks.
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote