View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #14
RandallNeighbour

I'd have to agree with the other posters that you really need to see what subframe damage or control arms might be bent from the way the car came to an abrupt halt.

Before I took possession of my boxster, it had been spun-out and the front end was wonky. I replaced a bent control arm on the passenger side and then had to put adjustable coilovers on it to get it straight again.

A four wheel laser alignment on a Hunter machine should show you very quickly if you have any damage to be corrected. Taking it to a body shop to see if it needs work risks being told "it needs frame straightening on our expensive machine" when it really only needed a control arm replaced or a four wheel alignment.

You should probably have all four of your wheels road-forced balanced too, just to make sure none of them were bent a little in the spinout.

You still got out lucky not hitting anyone or rolling the car. Most of the time a small fender bender in a boxster = totaled car due to the expense of the parts and labor.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote