View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #18
eightsandaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC
i had that momo knob on a former car - S60R... albeit mine was two tone..black leather on bottom and aluminum on top...great qualty knob and the size/shape feels good in your hand.

i've never been a huge fan of the OEM knob in our boxsters...but am hesitant to hack up my shifter and install an aftermarket knob.

those momo knobs have a setup that would best attack to a more rounded shape shifter stalk..IIRC... and our shifter stalk is more flat.... has your momo knob stayed on pretty well or have you had any issues with it coming loose????

that 987 shifter looks pretty good..almost a compromise between a true ball shifter and the pistol grip one we have on the 986..... i like that! how hard was it to make that?

I have never had my MOMO loosen, however this isn't my first experience with such attachments. I wanted my shifter 1" shorter, personal taste. I gripped it below many times before making my final decision then trimmed it and I've been happy with the result. If a person wishes to maintain the stock length and use a Momo, the tip will need shaping. The good news it there is a nice block of material to plan and fashion the correct Momo post from. As with a root canal the better the post prep the better the job. The bad news is I found the steel of that shifter to be made out of Roswell strength, outer world material. Then again, I didn't have anything but muscles, hand saws and various files to shape it with. I can vouch for the Momo Italian glove leather boots with color piping to be of the highest quality. If you're careful you can use the stock connection to make a neat skirt, I'll photograph mine Monday.

PS The knob and boot screw together for a very finished look.

Last edited by eightsandaces; 02-27-2010 at 03:16 PM.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote