View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
23109VC

my pump went out at 75k.

it started leaking at about 74k....i never heard any noises...i used the boxster to go out and grab take out and when I got to the restaurant and got out of my car i heard the sound of water dripping..looked under car and a huge puddle was forming...i was only a half mile fromm home so I got right back in car and headed straight home...drove it easy...car never overheated... once home it just dumped all over my driveway. towed to mechanic. $600 later I had a new OEM pump. i don't even want to know what the "stealer" wants for that job...

my 1999 Volvo had 150k on it when I sold the car. stock pump. why can't my Porsche pump go as long?? it's not like the water pump is a high performance part is it????? i'm cool with my tires wearing out FAST...they're supposed to..but c'mon...the water pump?
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote