View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
TimAustinW

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
Bashed up my front end

Yesterday I was heading into work from downtown Dallas towards Mesquite on I30. We were supposed to have had snow the night before but when I got up, no snow and roads were dry. For the first two miles the roads were completely clear and dry. Next thing I know I hit an icy overpass. I lost all traction and rammed the guard rail with the front left corner of the boxset. When I hit the rail it launched my back end around and I must have done two full revolutions before my rear wheels hit the curb and stopped me. It was morning rush hour on a major freeway filled with traffic all around me. I managed not to hit anyone else and nobody hit me. Even when I was spinning I was really zen and kept a check on everything around me. It was like a slow motion ballet. Very surreal. Very lucky.

Since the only impact was with the guard rail only the damage wasn't too bad. I'm looking at a new front bumper, radiator, wheel well liner and some paint and body work for the fender and rim. $500 deductible.

02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote