View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #6
Lil bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickurt
Good descriptions and advice renzop. Proper alignment is like taste in music! Everyone has their own idea of what "you" want, unless you're able to find:
1-someone really qualified and
2-you're able to talk to them and know what you want as well as have the ability to describe what you want.
If you don't have BOTH of the above, go to your dealer, have a long talk with the service advisor/manager and tell them what you don't like about the current alignment.
If you're not tracking the car, I'd stay with the basic factory settings. A car set up for tracking is not safe to drive, if you're in the habit of less than TOTAL concentration. You'll look down to adjust the AC and look up to be in another lane!

I agree that everyone has their own preference when it comes to the setup and with being able to convey what you want to the shop.

Agree that cars with track setup can be a little darty, but I don't really see that as an issue. Even with a street setup the Boxster is pretty responsive, especially in comparison to the 'avg.' car. Blue has been driving his for some time and I believe he'd adjust after, or even during, the first drive.

Cheers!
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote