View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #10
VRsyncro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Perhaps he retained the stock cats because he needs it to pass emissions. And he used a factory muffler because he didn't want something real loud. He probably only swapped out the headers because the exhaust ports on the 3.4L heads are too big for 2.5L manifolds and the bolt locations may be different as well. Is that right Jaay?
No, you can run the stock headers and exhaust from the 2.5L. For the first year with my conversion I ran cheap Chinese headers and the stock 2.5L exhaust, it worked fine but to maximize the performance of the swap I really needed to upgrade the whole exhaust system.

As for emissions testing, I am now running Supersprint headers with 200 cell race cats and pass emissions testing with no problem. Heck, in Ontario I test my car as a stock 2.5L and pass without any issues! (even though I am running a 996 3.4l)

Anyhow, I just don't think the owner of the car in question really did his homework. All the info you need to know about this conversion is available on the internet.
VRsyncro is offline   Reply With Quote