View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #12
root_werks

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered
My 3.6 is catless and at present the after cat O2 sensors are clamped underneath the car. Surprisingly it does not throw codes as often as you would think. I hate having the CEL lit so I have found a $10 fix for this. Fortunately a spark plug and an O2 sensor have the same threads. I went to Autozone and bought a $4 set of anti-foul spark plug adapters. I then went to the hardware store and bought a set of brass caps to fit on the end where the hole is. The end of the O2 sensor is a tad bigger than the bottom of the anti-foul adapter because it tapers where the second set of threads is on the bottom. A few seconds with a drill on a drill press to enlarge the area at the bottom of the inside so the O2 sensor will fit inside the adapter. Screw the unit onto the end of the O2 sensor, clear the codes and Bob's your uncle. No more CELs.
I understood everything you just said above. SOOoooooooo, if I wanted to let's say, get some bypass pipes instead of some new cats (keeping the old ones of course...on the shelf), sounds like this little trick does the job? Of course, you have a 3.6 with I'm sure a mod'd ECU and mine is a stock 2.5. Hmmm.
root_werks is offline   Reply With Quote