View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 06:32 AM   #18
Perfectlap

I think another forum member Uncle Cracker has this color but he added the Carrera five spoke replicas and it was huge improvement in my opine. I saw a 996 Cab in that color in person once and in the sun its a bit of a double edged sword, it looks amazing but any imperfections seem to be magnified.

I don't blame you for wanting to invest some money in keeping it top drawer. Selling these cars in this economy really makes no sense. There's no way you'll get something better in the roadster category for the money you'd get. The design is a classic. I really think that 30 years from now people will view the flared fenders and fried egg headlights as still head turning. Some 17 years after its design and I still get thumbs up and "you have my dream car" comments. I see my car as a continual work in progress as I upgrade or replace worn items.
With that said, I'd be very very tough in negotiating an expensive paint repair. Just like a set of the expensive wheels, damage can occur easily, all it takes is a pot hole or some truck kicking back crap onto your hood a voila nice expensive purchase ruined. I would really encourage doing a clear bar on the whole front hood and bumper. Some shops do the entire car. Maybe a bit much for the vertical panels but definitely worth it for the horizontals to avoid stressing over the latest chip, you can only paint the hood so many times before you pull your hair out.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote