View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #13
Allen

I guess I'll admit to being a little persnickety, but those spots are really noticeable, especially in bright sunlight, and they're all over the car, and all the washing and waxing I've done over the years hasn't diminished or hidden them. You don't feel them when you rub your fingers across, but car wax/polish won't adhere to those spots, making them stand out even more after the car's buffed and waxed. Note: I've never taken my car through an automatic car wash.

The reason I'm considering a full-body paint job is I really love the car and want it to look its best, and the new scrape on the rear driver's side has given me new incentive.

One of the reasons I don't just trade it in is because I've had a few mods and upgrades installed to get the car just the way I like it, some of which cost me a pretty penny to add:

-- PCM (GPS Navigation, Interactive maps, AM/FM Radio, CD Player, Outside Temperature, Miles to Empty, Avg MPG, Trip Data, Date, Time, Address Book)
-- Porsche Hi-Fi Audio, with Rear Speaker kit
-- Heated Seats
-- On-Board Computer (OBC) with 4th steering wheel stalk
-- Litronic self-leveling headlights
-- Automatic Climate Control
-- B&M Short Shifter
-- Body-colored removable Hard Top
-- Colored Porsche Wheel Crests
-- Colored Porsche Steering-wheel Crest
-- Body-Colored Rear Bumpers (replaced stock black)
-- Clear side marker lights (replaced stock amber lights)
-- Body-colored center console (replaced stock dark grey)
-- Floor Mats with Porsche embroidery
-- Chrome 986 logo on lower console (Batwing)
-- Chrome Porsche logo on glove box
-- Spoiler Raise/Lower Switch in Dash
-- Windstop
-- Non-Smoker Tray (Replaces Stock Ash Tray)
-- 17" Porsche SII Alloy Wheels
-- Body-colored Ignition Rosette

Another reason I don't trade up to the 987 is I prefer the look of the 986 interior and the 2004 model was the last year for my interior.

Here are a few pics with the hard top in the parking lot at my office and two in my garage at home with the hard top off showing the interior. Beautiful, no?:

Allen is offline   Reply With Quote