View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 11:15 AM   #9
Perfectlap

This is the most reliable car I have ever owned including the cars my parents let me drive when I lived at home. I never thought I would be able to say that about Porsche.

Now that being said parts don't last forever. New cluctch, shocks and rotors are going to be pricey. The dealer wanted about $11K. LOL
I think I can get an Indy to do it all for five and change and I'll be good for another 10 years.

p.s.
Porsches don't age like BMWs, which in my opinion look dated because the styles change so drastically. A well maintained 968 or 928 get as many comments as a brand new 997. Which is why I plan to keep my Boxster S forever.

as for 911 Cab vs BoxsterS. I guess it depends on what kind of Porsche owner you plan to be. If you are a serious driver who will surely bee taking part in track events and autocross, that's a no brainer for me. If you are more a guy who likes to pamper a car with the latest mods and wants to be seen the guy who "owns a 911" then go for the cab. If you're somewhere in the middle get a 911 coupe.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote