View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 06:49 AM   #8
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H
My Heating kit is costing $90 with $200 to retro-fit to my seats. If I stick with OEM switches (relays are part of the kit) then I'm looking at approx. $100 in Porsche parts with a max of another $50 in cabling etc. from Radio Shack.

I'll keep you informed.
I am very interested in what you are able to work out.

I put a seat heater kit from Check Corporation in my 1996 Inifiniti G20. The total cost including upholstery labor was $400. Here is a link to their web site: http://www.checkcorp.com/seat-heater/seat-heaters.asp

They have a kit for the 2002 Boxster, but not for the 2000. The person that I spoke to did not know the reason for this, but speculated that there must be some aspect of the 2000 seat that interfered with the fitment. This could be something like a trim detail or a weight sensor. Of course, there could just be an error on the web site.

The issue with using the Porsche switches seems to be their interaction with the relays that activate the heating element. I'm sure that someone who understands relays could develop a good solution to this issue. It may be a matter of removing the relays that are supplied with the kit and replacing them with relays that are compatible with the Porsche switches.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote