View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 05:27 AM   #1
TimAustinW

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
Dallas Area Engine Conversion

Does anyone know of a shop or has had personal experience with a shop in the DFW area that will do a 3.4 or 3.6 engine conversion for my 2.7 02 986? Or a place that can do a big bore conversion and rebuilt of my current engine? Is RUF my best/only bet?

I was quoted $3200 by the local dealership to fix minor leaks from my cams and RMS. At this price I'd almost rather pay triple that and go with a rebuild/bore option that was quoted to me by motor meister. But I'd have to get it out to California. so I'm looking for some place local.

After driving the 911 I am sold on keeping my boxster and doing a swap or bore to get more power.

Thanks,

Tim

:troll: D O O M ! BTW this is not a Troll, it's the Pinky from the original Doom game...sorry I'm a dork
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote