Thread: Swirl Marks
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 03:01 PM   #4
Perfectlap

Swirl marks can be removed by any high end auto detailing. Well let me restate, a good high end auto detailer should be able to do it. Ask how they go about doing it (what sort of prep work) before releasing your baby to them. if they give a general answer like "well we wash it and then wax it with the machine" then move on to another place.

I'm weary of giving people new to detailing free reign with swril removers because if not properly applied you can do allot more damage than good.
If you are working by hand I would suggest a very light scratch and swril remover like Meguair's ScratchX.
The best product I've used (by hand) on my Black car was 3M fine cut. but be careful if you use it. use very small doses and don't rub on and remove in circles.
An orbital polisher like the porter cable 7424 can apply the precisely correct amount of pressure in a circular motion but your hand cannot. With any detailing you should be making vertical pases in a downward motion unless you are using a dedicated Concorus grad buffing towel. then you can buff horizontally without fear of swriling or micro marring.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote