View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 06:16 AM   #7
Quickurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered
The more I drive it the more impressed I am with it. I am getting used to the noises from the lightweight flywheel since that is a new feature for me.

It is brutally quick if you put your foot in it but beyond that what I like most about it is that to me it has taken the 986 into the realm of a world class grand tourer.

It goes fast so effortlessly. No need for lots of noise or hoopla with the torque in 5th and 6th, you get from 70 to 90 in the blink of an eye. It is hard to drive it at 55, it takes real concentration because it really wants to go 85 which seems to be where the sweet spot is.

I need a radar detector really soon!
I beat a guy off the lights at Gator Dragway (during BrumosU school) so bad DOn gave him a sample pack of Nodoz when we came back around!! He was in a 3.8 Carrera and still passed me about the time I hit third gear with my 3.2 S. I did a .196 light and he did about a .750!!
I can't imagine, well I could but then I'd have to clean my shorts, how sweet the 3.6 986 has to be!!
Congrats!!