View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 06:27 PM   #1
donv

Porter-Cable 7424 Polisher

My long desired/anticipated polisher arrived, just 1 day after ordering from Coastal Tool. Highly recommend them if you're interested... fast service, good confirmation immediately on ordering and shipment tracking.

Here's a picture of what came in the order, the standard polisher and pad plus the "free bonus" 6-inch velcro backing pad and associated counterweight. Can't wait to put this to use, but I have a question for those that have walked this path already...

What do you recommend for pads to use with the 6" velcro backing pad? I've taken a peek at those offered by Autopia and Griot's. I've also seen some from Lake County that seem to be at several sites. Looking for an experienced perspective...

Also, I just have light swirl marks on the car at this time (can only see them in the right light conditions). I'd like to get rid of those and then reapply the Zaino. I've had good luck with the 3M "Body Repair Finish Restorer" when using by hand. Anyone have any experience using the same with a DA polisher?

I'm going to use the Subaru daily driver as my guinea pig...