Thread: First track day
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 05:58 PM   #8
limoncello

Brucelee - thanks for the tips, I was not aware. Summers here are VERY hot, and I noticed how hot everything was when I came off the track, even in June. I started with tires at 36 psi - after the first run they were 42-47 psi. I will probably skip July/August for that very reason - too hot for car and driver.

donv and eslai - I had bought 2 pieces of magnetic sign stock, but forgot & left them at the house. Also, the school assigns numbers randomly, PCA or SCCA events will have different numbers, so I was going to put the tape on the 1 foot square white blanks. For anyone, how do you get a permanent number assigned, with all the different clubs and cars out there?

Just finished an all day detail job. The protecitive plastic or tape is great - I had no damage to any of the areas I covered, only to the areas I didn't. Wonder what Porsche charge for touch-up paint. Does PPG or somebody have cheaper alternatives?

Finally got the sand out of the carpet. Quit using my shop vac and got the wife's good vac with all the right attachments. Took a while, but the sand is gone.
limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote