View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
Mike_Yi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickurt
It took me a couple of times to realize that when I turned the system to recirculate, rather than bringing in outside air, the windows fogged almost immediately and I would have to turn it to AC to clear them enough to drive. The system would be automatically set to outside air and I would have to "correct it"!
I'm confused. At the beginning you said that if you set it to recirculate (instead of outside air) it fogged. Then at the end you said that you had to change it to recirculate. Are you saying that recirc or outside air fogs it worse? I'm not sure what mine is set to normally. I think it is pulling outside air.

The manual says that recirculating causes the windows to mist up. Maybe recirc has been on all this time and I didn't notice it.

It seems like outside air would be drier than inside air since it's so damn cold outside. Cold air holds less moisture than warm air. However, if I'm recirculating and air conditioning, it should dry the air more every time that air goes through the system. Outside air would only be dried once, but it starts drier. Hmmm. I might have to experiment with this.

Last edited by Mike_Yi; 12-29-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote