Thread: Blown Engine
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #29
gschotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by otis
I looked at Jake Raby's flat six innovations ims fix,it looks like something i could do without too much trouble.I did go to Porsche with my baby's vin and there is no history of any warranty work whatsoever. I don't know if thats good or bad?Anyway i emailed Jake to see what he thinks about supplying me with the goods,my girl has 44kmi.
When down at Jake's in Oct for my IMS retrofit, we spoke at length about their very tight control of these bearings, and maintaining strict installation quality control through a certified installers program. This is to make absolutely sure that the job is being done right by someone properly trained, and to prevent fraud. Either of these issues would seriously compromise what they're trying to do, devalue all Flat6 and LN Engineering's many years of costly development work, and to some extent devalue the significant cost of the retrofit for guys like me who paid full boat to have the job done right. The quality of the installation is easily important as - if not more important than - having the proper bearing.

Every bearing and engine/car that has the bearing installed is registered and there's a lot of pre and post installation evaluation that's done and documented for their internal use and for the owner's records. There are a number of anti-fraud measures they've developed and implemented as well. If you have your car done by Jake or one of the handful of certified installers, then you'll obviously be privy to that information.

Call Jake or LN Engineer and ask if they'll sell you a bearing, but I can already tell you what the answer will be.
gschotland is offline   Reply With Quote