Thread: Blown Engine
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
otis

Smile scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAY
Otis. Drive the car! Do not be afraid of it. There are many cars that have over 100k on the clock and are modded. Some even turbo. Any car can break at any time. Just change the oil a bit more than normal is my opinion. I change mine every 2k. I use castrol syntec 5/40 the car feels great with that in it. Just think of all the boxster owners who are not actually interested in the car it self but just to drive a something that says Porsche. These people have no idea what IMS or any of that is. Put the top down, get some coffee and enjoy the ride.
I'm not sure if this is how or where to reply but here goes,So from Alaska to NY says drive it and don't worry about it.Ok so can i call a dealer with the vin# to find documented services? I read someone bought a warrenty but had to have maint. docs then has to show subsequent serices,i have already changed the oil myself mobil 1 synth.and have serviced and fixed modded for years i'm 52 i have a great home shop with a 2 post lift and never been beat by anything to date.Mabey a warrenty would help me sleep.I still think my car is the best most fun car iv'e had to date.thanks for any and all input
otis is offline   Reply With Quote