Thread: Battery charge
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #9
Mike_Yi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke
Plus we don't know how old the battery is or even if the battery fluid levels are viewable or maintained.
Since the car is used, there is no way for me to know how old the battery is. I've got maintenance stamps, and a couple of receipts, but not one for the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallison
if it's 3 or 4 years old, it's time to replace it. I was at wal-mart looking at the same thing and comparing prices with the autoparts stores. Walmart has a maxx battery made by exide(who makes a good portion of batteries), it was $75 with exchange and 3 yr free replacement and prorated up to 7 or 8 years from date of purchase.
I bought the MAXX from WalMart. Not sure if I should put it in though. I'm leaning toward just sucking up the $75 hit and putting it in.

Not sure. They said they discharged it, charged it then tested it, but that's not what it looked like they did.

I just looked at the printout they gave me. Although the guy said, "The battery's good, it just needs a charge," the printout says, "Battery charge is low and must be charged to determine condition.

Screw it. I'm just going to replace it. If I still have problems, I can diagnose from there.

Last edited by Mike_Yi; 12-18-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote